Kitakyushu JALT will be hosting our second PechaKucha night involving a variety of presentations to do with classroom learning and teaching. There will be 7 presenters who will each take turns presenting their chosen topic using only 20 slides for 20 seconds per slide. This creative event promises to be a rewarding experience for all involved where people can have fun sharing ideas and thoughts about their classroom experiences and research.
The following topics will be presented:
- The ups and downs of student presentations.
- Introducing Autonomous learning in a Self-Access Learning Centre.
- The strategic role of L1 in L2 learning environments.
- Teaching pronunciation.
- Punctuation and reading comprehension.
- Brain Food: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!
- Neurons and Good Teaching! New findings.
Note that we will be meeting at Wel Tobata, Room 121. Wel Tobata is located next to JR Tobata station, see the access map (in Japanese) for details. Starting at 6:30 pm sharp!