May 15-16, 2021
Mishima, Shizuoka Prefecture.
Proposals for PanSIG 2021 must be submitted by February 1st, 2021 at pansig2021.eventzil.la.
Notifications of final acceptance of proposals will be sent via email in March, 2021.
Please note that this event is currently planned as a hybrid event (partially online). Also, the PanSIG committee is monitoring the Coronavirus situation closely, and is prepared to move the conference entirely online if needed.
- Date: June 20th, 2020
- Location: pansig2020.eventzil.la
- Date: May 16 (Saturday) and May 17 (Sunday), 2015
- Location: Kobe City University of Foreign Studies
- Theme: Narratives: Raising the Happiness Quotient
Got a story to share about ER? A narrative about what ER is? How it raises your happiness quotient? Then submit to PanSIG2015! Submissions are now open, start here at the website to find out more.
The PanSIG forum will kickstart the discussion of "What is ER?" by taking a closer look at the Top Ten Principles, as put forth by Day and Bamford (1998). Which qualities of ER are essential? Which are described as optional? Joining us for presentations and an extended panel discussion; Atsuko Takase, Paul Goldberg, Rob Waring, Stuart McLean, and Tom Robb will each discuss ER from their own unique perspectives in order to move the conversation forward and come closer to a meaningful definition. The topic is sure to inspire debate, so don't miss it!
The ER SIG participated in the PanSIG Conference 2014
- Date: 10 ~ 11th May, 2014 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Place: Miyazaki Municipal University, Kyushu
- Theme: Sustainability: Making Teaching and Learning Last
- The ER Forum: Creating Lifelong Readers: Programs, Resources, and Research
- 10:00 ~ 11:30 Room 103
The forum aims to support teachers in creating sustainable ER programs which encourage the development of longterm reading habits in their students, requiring a multifaceted approach. Our panel of invited guests will cover ER programs from start-up to sustainability, including: the creation of ER programs, the maintenance and oversight of these programs, the variety of ER materials, and finally advice on publishing these experiences so the community as a whole can grow and learn. With a question and answer session included, participants will be welcome to share their own stories of ER sustainability as well.
The ER SIG, partnering with the TED and THT SIGs sponsored the 12th PanSIG Conference, 2013.
- Date: May 18 & 19, 2013
- Place: Nanzan University, Nagoya
- Theme: From Many, One: Collaboration, Cooperation, and Community
The 11th PanSIG Conference, 2012 was a collaboration of 22 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) including the ER SIG, within JALT (Japan Association for Language Teaching).
- Date: June 16 & 17, 2012
- Place: Hiroshima University, Hiroshima
- Theme: Literacy: SIGnals of Emergence
See the Block Schedule of Sessions for more details.